Welcome to Mangt 531
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Welcome to
- Human Resource Management (Mangt 531 ZA)
Slide 2 - The Human Resource Management Process
- Legal Requirements
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Determining Human Resources Needs
- Strategy and Human Resource Planning
- Attracting Qualified Employees
- Job Design
- Keeping Qualified Employees
- Employee Engagement
- Keeping Employees Safe
- Developing Qualified Employees
- Training and Development
- Appraising and Improving Performance
- Rights and Discipline
Slide 3 - Required Resources
- K-StateOnline Powered by canvas (I will refer to as Canvas.)
- The new K-State learning management system.
- McGraw-Hill Connect Management System
- Includes access to the digital Noe textbook, Fundamentals for Human Resource Management, 6th edition
- Includes access to LearnSmart and Connect assignments.
- J. J. Keller Prospera
- A free online management tool where you will access webcasts and other resources. To register, go to https://www.prospera.com/education and use code Q4CN.
Slide 4 - Grades
- Exam 1
- Chapters 1-5
- Exam 2
- Chapters 6, 7, 8, and 10(Excluding Chapter 9)
- Exam 3
- Chapters 11, 12, 13, and 14
- LearnSmart Assignments
- Thirteen (13) assignments worth five points each. Keep 12 (12) highest scores. (Drop lowest score.)
- Connect Assignments
- Eleven (1) assignments worth five points each. Keep ten (10) highest scores. (Drop lowest score.)
- Canvas Assignments
- Ten (10) assignments worth ten points each. Keep nine (9) highest scores. Drop lowest score.
- Canvas Let’s Share
- Throughout the class, I will select topics to discuss on the Discussion Board. These assignments will be described in the weekly module word documents. Points earned will be based on the level of your discussion. A rubric will be provided.
Slide 5 - Course Structure
- Modules open at 8:00 a.m. each Monday on Canvas.
- Assignments for the 1st module of the week are due at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday; assignments for the 2nd module of the week due at 11:59 pm. on Sunday. (We’re talking central time.)
- Exams will take place on the McGraw-Hill Connect Management system. A proctor is required. You will receive information from Global Campus regarding approved proctors.
- Questions that might be pertinent to all class members, please post them on chat, questions that relate only to you, send me an email through the inbox on Canvas.
Slide 6 - Tips for Success
- Review the syllabus and course-at-a-glance.
- Go to the Modules tab in Canvas and look for the Modules assigned.
- Read the Module Overviews. They will give you an overview of the learning objectives for the week and the upcoming assignments.
- Read the assigned reading in the SMARTBOOK on the Connect site.
- Complete the LearnSmart assignments.
- Complete the Connect Assignments.
- Listen to posted lectures and/or review PowerPoint slides and notes.
- Complete Canvas assignments.
- Post any questions you may have over the content in chat.
- Communicate frequently.
Slide 11 - Getting Started
- Download and print the syllabus. (It’s available to download on the front page of Canvas.0
- Purchase and register for Connect. (Refer to the Introduction module on Canvas for instructions.)
- Explore the technology tools we will use this semester: Canvas, Connect, and Prospera.
Slide 12 - Questions? Post a question on
- canvas through chat or email me
- through the inbox on Canvas.