HEALTH FOR ALL
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - HEALTH FOR ALL
Slide 2 - A Daddy’s Girl Story About Dementia
Slide 3 - CHALLENGES
- Imagine a place to create and store narrated stories by subject matter a virtual space where people can go to learn about using stories to influence behavior change, prevention and global awareness.
- As public health crises happen, people are able to tell their stories and share within the confines of ethical practices based on the story tellers comfortability.
- Storytelling can be used for reflective practice, community action, advocacy, education.
- There is a fine line between censorship based on country of origin. What are people legally allowed to “say” or share, especially in times of war.
- Ethical dilemma of the filming on site, possibly in remote places. Ensure cultural sensitivity to practices that seem inhumane.
- Health for all implies equality, compassion, deep listening and awareness of self and others, Are institutions and practitioners prepared for a world where everyone gets to share their story?
- Curriculum Implications
Slide 4 - WORLD-wide Implications
- Storytelling illuminates the underlying structures in place to unlock patterns from the past and present so that the future does not repeat it.
- Challenge: Societies may not be ready to face the unjust structures that stop progress in all aspects of health.
- FIRE IN THE BLOOD
Slide 5 - HEALTH FOR ALL
- “Highest attainable standard of physical and mental health”