Tip of the Week #4
Email this Mix
Tags: Legal Research
Slide 1 - Filtering Shepard’s by Headnotes
- Tanishka V. Cruz, ESQ
Slide 2 - What are Headnotes?
Slide 3 - Shepardize your Case
Slide 4 - Narrow your report by Headnotes
Slide 5 - Conclusion
- Shepard’s is the industry’s leading citation validation tool but is also a powerful way of expanding your research.
- Narrowing by Headnotes will help you retrieve a list of cases that discuss the rules you are looking to apply quickly and efficiently.
- To earn 100 points for watching this video, please email me at email@example.com with the answer to the following question:
- Shepardize: Miranda v. Arizona, 384 US 436
- Narrow by: Headnote 16
- How many cases does that narrow your Shepard’s report down to?