ACID BASE REACTIONS IN BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS
Created 2 years ago
THE DESCRIPTION OF ACIDS AND BASE IN THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM. THE PRODUCTION AND REMOVAL OF CARBONDIOXIDE
Email this Mix
Slide 2 - ACID BASE REACTIONS IN BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS
Slide 3 - What is the effect of indicators on the followind substances? What PH do they have?
- Vinegar/ lemon juice/hydrochloric acid
- Sodium bicarbonate/ sodium hydroxide
- Carbon dioxide
- The reaction between sodium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid
Slide 4 - Classify the tested substances as either acids, base or neutral substances.
Slide 9 - THANK YOU
Slide 13 - Neutralization
- Formation of salt and water
- What happens when you drink orange juice just after brushing the teeth?
Slide 18 - Which biological systems involve acid base reactions?
- Digestive system (Stomach and duodenum)
- The maintaining of blood PH; cellular respiration and respiatory system
Slide 20 - Digestive system
- Production of HCL and its importance in the stomach
- Production of sodium bicarbonate and its importance in the duodenum
Slide 22 - Label all the parts in the diagram below
Slide 23 - How blood’s PH is maintain
- Cellular respiration(removal of carbon dioxide)
- The carbonic – acid –bicarbonate buffer in the blood
- Respiratory system