Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Pronouns 3.6 Reflexive and Intensive
- Emphasizes a noun/pronoun
- My mother paid for her education as a vet HERSELF.
- I MYSELF want to be a vet.
- DO, IO, Oprep
- Refers back to the subject
- We consider OURSELVES responsible.
- They bought THEMSELVES a book.
- Henry takes care of his pets by HIMSELF.
Slide 2 - Reflexive/Intensive Pronouns
- Intensive and Reflexive
- First Person
- Second Person
- Third Person
Slide 3 - Intensive or Reflexive? Where is the antecedent?
- 1. You yourself are responsible for your pet.
- 2. He fed his bearded dragon live crickets himself.
- 3. Ellie taught herself how to be comfortable with new dogs.
- 4. I myself gave medicine to the raccoon.
- 5. Jane Goodall found herself fascinated with chimps.
- 6. Her work itself became a model of how to study.
- 7. From the time she was 4 years old, Jane immersed herself in animal behavior.