Graphing points on a coordinate plane
Email this Mix
Tags: Coordinate Plane
Slide 1 - Graphing Points ON A COORDIATE PLANE
- By Brian Collins
- 5th Grade Teacher
- Write Denny Intermediate
- use a pair of perpendicular number lines, called axes, to define a coordinate system, with the intersection of the lines (the origin) arranged to coincide with the 0 on each line and a given point in the plane located by using an ordered pair of numbers, called its coordinates and understand that the first number indicates how far to travel from the origin in the direction of one axis and the second number indicates how far to travel in the direction of the second axis, with the convention that the names of the two axes and the coordinates correspond (e.g., x-axis and x-coordinate, y-axis and y-coordinate).
Slide 2 - The Origin
Slide 3 - The “X” and “Y” Axis
Slide 4 - Let’s practice
Slide 5 - It’s TIME FOR A…..
Slide 6 - QUIZ Question 1
- What are the coordinates of the origin on a coordinate grid?
Slide 7 - QUIZ ANSWER 1
Slide 8 - Quiz question 2
- 2. The “x” axis measures _________ and __________, where as the “y” axis measures _____________ and __________.
Slide 9 - QUIZ ANSWER 2
- The “x” axis measure left and right, whereas the “y” axis measures up and down.
Slide 10 - QUIZ Question 3
- Which graph shows the point (5, 7)?
Slide 11 - QUIZ ANSWER 1
Slide 12 - Additional Resources