June 2nd Lesson
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - SUMMER HEALTH An Introduction to Health Basics
- Ms. Crawford
Slide 2 - PLEASE OPEN INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH NOTES
- Define Health:
- List Topics:
- Why do you need to learn about health?
- Describe a person who you would consider healthy (this does not have to be a real person you can create a person and describe their characteristics and behaviors)
- What is the leading cause of death for teenagers? (14-24)
- What is the leading cause of death for all ages of Americans?
Slide 4 - What is health?
- A State of physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- To be free of any disease or pain.
Slide 5 - Why is it important to learn about health?
- To increase the odds of living a long healthy life.
- To improve the quality of life that an individual has.
Slide 6 - DESCRIBE A HEALTHY PERSON
- Free of disease
- proper weight
- eats healthy
- manages stress
- does not abuse substances
- is addiction free
- communicates feelings in a health way
- has positive relationships
- gets regular check-ups
- has good hygiene
- Wears sunscreen
Slide 7 - Leading Cause of Death
- 14-24: Car Accidents
- Leading cause of death for all Americans:
- Heart Disease
Slide 8 - HEALTH INVENTORY
Slide 9 - COMPLETE THE HEALTH INVENTORY AND RECORD ANSWERS ON THE ANSWER SHEET LOCATED ON THE LIBGUIDE.
Slide 10 - DIRECTIONS FOR SCORING ARE ON THE BOTTOM
Slide 11 - UPLOAD THE SCORE SHEET FROM YOUR HEALTH INVENTORY IN YOUR INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH FOLDER IN ONEDRIVE.
- Due by midnight on June 2nd.
- Be sure you scored each item, totaled score on the bottom, and answered the final question on the bottom of the document.
Slide 12 - The Health Triangle
- All three areas of health are closely connected.
- It is impossible to impact one area without impacting the other areas.
Slide 13 - If one side of the triangle becomes unbalanced what happens to the other sides?
Slide 14 - Example:
- You eat really unhealthy foods and don’t exercise and became very overweight. This is affecting the physical side of the triangle.
- HOW WILL THIS EFFECT YOUR MENTAL SIDE?
- HOW WILL THIS EFFECT YOUR SOCIAL SIDE?
Slide 15 - What things influence a person’s health?
Slide 16 - What lifestyle factors influence a person’s health?
- Getting enough rest
- Eating nutritious foods
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Exercise /activity level
- THE CHOICES YOU MAKE HAVE THE GREATEST INFLUENCE ON YOUR HEALTH
- Random Acts
Slide 17 - WHAT DOES YOUR TRIANGLE LOOK LIKE?
- Please now complete the health triangle active on the bottom of your intro to health notes
Slide 18 - COMPLETING TODAYS LESSON