Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Survey Of ERP Systems
- Presented by,
- Manasa Reddy Kanuganti
- YSU ID: Y00752813
Slide 2 - Contents
- ERP implementation issues
- Resistance for change
- ERP implementations in SME’s
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Factors effecting the performance in the post implementation stage
- Developing an integrated approach
- Role of ERP in empowering the control of organizations
- Limitations for implementation
- Research Methodology
- Data interpretation & analysis
Slide 3 - Abstract
- ERP implementations have become an integral part of many organizations for their business dynamics.
- Although there are positive impacts there are a few challenges that the organization encounters upon the implementation.
- In this paper we mainly focus on the emphasis which is done upon evaluating the key issues in the implementation process as well as the strategies and the measures the organization should adapt to overcome the ERP implementation issues.
- In this paper few case studies have been studies to understand the intrinsic issues and key recommendations has been made on the basis of such implementations.
Slide 4 - Introduction
- ERP implementations have taken a prominent place in the development of the organizations business dynamics.
- The main purpose of implementing the ERP solutions is all about how the business process is centralized and the possible level of automation is developed for the organization.
- The kind of potential benefits which the organizations envisage in terms of solidarity in the process management ,reduction in the scope of errors or variance from the process metrics.
- Major advantage for the organizations is about the effective utilization of the resources and an integrated communication between various departments of the organizations, which enable systematic approach to the business process.
- The main focus is upon understanding the ERP solutions implementations are resulting for the organizations and also the basis on which the organizations have to work upon such implementations.
Slide 5 - ERP Implementation Issues
- Many organizations spent millions of dollars on ERP implementation but failed due to the lack of vision from management towards implementation, absence of stakeholder engagement etc., leading to the complexities in implementation.
- Having a right kind of implementation partners who have the expertise in delivering solutions that could be significant to the requirements of the organization is essential.
Slide 6 - Resistance for Change
- One of the primary reason by which the organizations are facing the issues in the implementation of ERP.
- Employees are mainly resistant for change because of the lack of clarity on new roles.
- It is very essential for the organization to have right kind of change management strategies that could deal with the apprehensions of the employees and help them to get acquainted with the new system and ensure that they deliver the expected outcome.
Slide 7 - ERP implementations in SMEs
- In the implementations of ERP solutions in small and medium sized businesses the key factor for complex issues were identified as not choosing the right kind of solutions and lack of project implementation schedules.
- There is a positive relationship between ERP execution and enhanced choice making capacity, enhanced worker execution observing ,the accomplishment of expense decreases and the accomplishment of process duration diminishments enhanced the choice making and the execution checking.
- It is very essential to have a good road map for implementation as any kind of delay in implementation might result in considerable surge in the costs of the organization.
Slide 8 - Stakeholder Engagement
- One of the predominant reason for the challenges encountered by the organization in the ERP implementation.
- Representatives find such innovation empowered authoritative change to be a noteworthy test most of the time.
- It is essential that the stakeholders like the management in which holds the key for success.
- It is not an easy factor unless the stakeholders are committed to development having insights into the organizational dynamics.
Slide 9 - Factors affecting the performance in post implementation stage
- It is very essential for an organization to understand the importance of post implementation scenario as it helps them to plan the improvisation of the process.
- Effective change management implementation is predominantly important and in the case of organizations encountering unsuccessful implementations, and not implementing the right kind of change management policies have been attributed as one of the key reason.
- There is an essential need for the organizations to have their plan in place to roll over the ERP implementation and also in terms of supporting the organization in having effective management.
Slide 10 - Developing an integrated approach
- Having an integrated system of management is one of the key drivers for the success in ERP implementation for organizations.
- It is necessary for the organizations to have a focused approach in delivering the solutions effectively, but the kind of implementation strategies that they might adapt holds the key for success of these organizations.
Slide 11 - Role of ERP in empowering the control of organizations
- Surveys have been conducted and majority of organizations that is considered for the survey has agreed on the fact that if the enterprise solutions are able to generate quality reports on the internal system it has provided them better controls.
- An integrated system connecting various processes of the organization can empower the organization in improving the overall performance.
Slide 12 - Limitations for Implementation
- Lack of investments is one of the primary limitation.
- Choosing the right kind of implementation partners.
- Issue of project schedule for implementation.
- Resistance for change.
Slide 13 - Research Methodology
- The focus is about reviewing the cases and the earlier survey of ERP implementation and understands the kinds of challenges that the organizations could encounter and key factors that should be taken into consideration.
- ERP implementation in Rolls Royce and in Sony corporation also case study of eCMS implementation is been discussed to evaluate the scope for implementation and based on the inputs received from the implementation the analysis and interpretation has been derived.
Slide 14 - Data Interpretation & Analysis
- Choosing a right kind of ERP solution and good service is predominantly important for successful implementation.
- Ensuring that there is adequate stakeholder engagement and the functional processes are well defined for the project.
- Project implementation team should have right road map for implementation and ensure there is hardly any scope creep or deviation in the project schedule.
- Adapting right kind of change management policies and ensuring that the team members in the organization are given right kind of orientation on benefits of implementation and training on using the ERP systems.
Slide 15 - Conclusion
- ERP implementations have recognition among the organizations for its process oriented solution ability to provide leverage to the organizations in terms of enhancing its operational capabilities and quality.
- It is essential that the organizations should have detailed analysis of the issues that could be encountered and put in place right kind of policies and frameworks for successful implementation.
Slide 16 - Thank you…