APUS WEEK 1 Mark's Gospel
By David Wells
Created 2 years ago
lecture on the purpose of Mark's Gospel as it relates to the ending of the Gospel abruptly in Mark 16
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Mark’s Gospel
- Why was it written?
Slide 2 - Written for the Gentiles
- Each of the four Gospels was written
- By a particular person
- For a particular audience
- From a particular perspective
- With a particular Christology
Slide 3 - Prior to destruction of temple in a.d. 70
Slide 4 - Christological understanding of jesus as the crucified son of god
Slide 5 - What point does mark make if he ends his gospel in v.9???
Slide 6 - Why would someone add more to mark’s original ending???
Slide 7 - Images courtesy of www.pixabay.com
- What do you think about the purpose of Mark’s Gospel being to portray Jesus as the Crucified Son of God?
- Definitely true
- Not quite right
- What is your interpretation of Mark 15.39, the quote of the Roman centurion proclaiming Jesus as the Son of God?
- Just a historical statement
- Is a definitive Christological statement
- How important is it that Mark’s Gospel end with a “proper” closing section like the other three gospels?
- It would bother me if it did not.
- It is not an