Manual Handling of Bariatric Patients
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Manual Handling of Bariatric Patients
- Diana Griffiths
Slide 2 - What is Best Practice?
- Requires multifactorial interventions
- Use of appropriate bariatric equipment to minimise staff injury and patient distress.
- Bariatric Manual Handling Policy.
- Education & Training, although alone do not reduce back injury.
- Collaborative communication between facilities.
Slide 3 - Audit Plan
- Current clinical practice would be observed & data collected.
- Surveys, questionnaires, direct observation, & liaison.
- Use of data collection tools
- Sample would include nursing staff & bariatric patients.
- Audit team and support from Patient Safety Unit.
- Ethical considerations
Slide 4 - Findings & Compliance
- Data analysed through Patient Safety Unit.
- Establish findings and compliance with best practice
- Change implementation
- Sustaining of change
- Sharing of information
- Better patient outcomes