Q4P1L2 Keystone Preparation
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Keystone Time!Be Prepared!
Slide 2 - How Can I Prepare for the Keystones?
- Prepare yourself both physically and mentally!
Slide 3 - Essential Question(s): How can I prepare for the Keystones?
- By the end of the lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify and apply ways to prepare for taking the Keystone exams.
- State Standards:
- You’ll be showcasing your skills on the test and applying all of the
- standards we’ve been working on this year!
- Lesson Objectives
Slide 4 - Be Physically Ready
- Make sure you know where you have to be, and when you have to be there.
- Look up directions to the testing location; make sure you know how to get there!
- Know who your proctors are, and contact them before testing begins.
- If you foresee any problems, talk to your proctor!
Slide 5 - Be Physically Ready
- Get a good night’s sleep before the test. This should take priority over entertainment options.
- The morning of the test, eat breakfast. Some power foods include:
- Eggs, bacon, peanut butter, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.
- Be on time!
- Have your proctor’s phone number with you in case of an issue.
Slide 6 - Be Physically Ready
- Wear comfortable clothing. Bring glasses if you need them.
- Bring layers of clothing, so you will not be too hot or too cold.
- Bring food and water so you will not be hungry or thirsty.
- Stretch and move around during testing breaks.
Slide 7 - Be Mentally Prepared!
- Take a look at your class notes, but this is not the kind of test that you can cram for! Your classes have been preparing you for this all year.
- Being nervous or not caring ruins your performance.
- Be competitive with the test makers, not intimidated by them.
- Remember, the passages were not chosen to entertain you.
- Keep yourself engaged through active reading, highlighting, and writing notes.
- Your goal: Do your best and stay positive!
- We discussed how to be physically and mentally prepared for the Keystones.
Slide 9 - Identify and apply ways to prepare for the Keystone exams.
- Review ObjectivesCan you do it?
Slide 10 - You’re going to kick the Keystones in the butt!
- What’s Next?