How to field a groundball
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - How to field a groundball.
- By Jackson Scrivner
Slide 2 - Steps and Process
- 1. You want to prep your mind and body and think of what you’re going to do if it is hit to you.
- 2. Once you know what’s going on, you want to keep eyes on the batter or ball at all times. (That means no starring at the pretty person in the stands.)
- 3. You want to have a pre-pitch hop. You want to time it almost perfectly to be right when you land the ball is hit in some direction and you can get to it with quickness and agility.
- 4. Once the ball is hit to you, you want to get yourself around the ball and flowing towards first base.
- 5. When you field the ball you want to bring the ball to your belly, then throwing comes in.
- 6. Once you have fielded it and brought it to your belly, you go straight to your shoulder to throw. (Do not throw the ball like a pitcher.) Like I will show in slide 5.
- 7. It’s all about quickness.
Slide 3 - Proper mechanics on fielding the ball.
Slide 4 - Audio
Slide 5 - Watch the hands break away from the glove.