Module 3: Ways to Help Your Teammates if a Concussion is Sustained
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Module 3: Ways to help your teammates if a concussion is sustained.
Slide 2 - How can I get a concussion?
- Contact sports, especially:
- Car accidents
- Bike accidents
Slide 3 - Do helmets prevent concussion?
Slide 4 - Can you identify a concussion in a friend? Can you tell if you have one?
- Balance problems/dizziness
- Double or fuzzy vision
- Sensitivity to light and/or noise
- Feeling sluggish, foggy, or groggy
- Concentration or memory problems
- Seeing spots, stars
- Seeing colors different than they should be
Slide 5 - Your friend has a concussion, how can you help?
- If in doubt, sit it out
Slide 6 - Click on image below to play the 14 minute video from the National Athletic Trainers Association.