Distance learning using Skype for Business
Email this Mix
Slide 2 - Belgium
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Fellow
- Teaching for 15 years
- Students +16 y/o
- Koen Timmers
- Want to know more?
Slide 3 - Formerly known as “Lync”
- Web Conferencing tool
- Part of OFFICE 365
- Blended Learning
- (= 50% at home & 50% in classroom)
- Skype for Business
Slide 4 - INSTRUCTIVISM versus COLLABORATIVE LEARNING
- Who is attending?
- Screen sharing
- Collaboration by Chat
- More collaboration and well motivated
- Shy students: larger sense of beloging
- No more traffic jam – time efficiency
- Familiar environment
- Recorded sessions: ill and “weaker” students can catch up
Slide 6 - Issues
- No internet = No remote teaching
- What about students who don't have a computer/internet?
- Distractions at home / are students attending the session?
- Allowed by regulations / government
- This is Martijn
- Before you start:
- Train the teachers
- Introducte Lync to the students
- Examine satisfaction by anonymous polls
- Anywhere Learning
Slide 9 - Questions?
- TW: @zelfstudie
- FB: koen.timmers
- LI: linkedin.com/in/timmerskoen