EN1150 Week 1 Review Video
Email this Mix
Tags: EN1150 V Russell
Slide 1 - A word from your instructor – “me!” Virginia Russell
- EN1150 Week 1 Review
- During Week 1, we began our journey learning about the different types of sentences and where they appear in a paragraph. You wrote an organized paragraph of your own to prove you understood each type of sentence.
Slide 2 - Types of sentences and how they are used in constructing a paragraph.
- You constructed a paragraph about your favorite music/musician
- Searched the Internet to find writing-related websites
- Shared sites which is part of being a team!
- Let’s look at week 1
Slide 3 - Working with colleagues will be a regular theme when working in the allied health care setting.
- 65% of employers will require a task for group discussion and/or resolution, requiring face-to-face interaction, and fostering an atmosphere of cooperation, mutual helpfulness, and individual accountability.
Slide 4 - A contributing part of the team
- Share your knowledge, or experience
- Be friendly to coworkers
- It Pays to be a Valuable Member of the Team
- If you choose not to be
- You could risk losing your job.
- Please Consider the following CAREER FUN FACTS
Slide 5 - In the Discussion Board
- What else did we do in Week 1?
- You shared the grammar websites you found
- You critiqued your classmates’ sites
- You shared your findings with the group
Slide 6 - *Don’t worry! You will have plenty of time to practice this as we move through the next 5 weeks of class.
- Now that you know what a paragraph contains, you’re expected to write your discussions posts as complete paragraphs.
- Your topic sentence need to convey the Main Idea of your post.
- Your following sentences support your topic sentence
- Discussion Board Protocol
Slide 7 - Now – let’s get ready for a terrific Week 2 in EN1150!
- *Sneak Peek – we will be finding websites and articles about our chosen health care careers!
- Please attend my Office Hours Wed, Thurs & Fri from 9-5 Central Time.
- Or email me to set up an appointment time that works better for you.
- Got Questions?