What is Augmented Reality
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - What is Augmented Reality?
- By: Oliver Low
Slide 2 - What is Augmented Reality?
- - Augmented reality is a computer based program where it takes a computer generated view of the users view
- - Augmented reality can be traced back to 1990
- - It was created by Tom Caudell
- - One of the most popular uses of AR today is in location services
- - It is also used widely in educational use, marketing businesses and even in the military
Slide 3 - Aurasma
- Augment – 3D Augmented Reality
- Layar Redesign
- Junaio Augmented Reality
- Aurasma is an app for iOS and android mobiles and tablets that uses their web cams to take real life pictures and overlay them with media created by Aurasma.
Slide 4 - Ar used in media - IKEA
Slide 5 - AR can be used for educational purposes too. Here in this picture you can see that the people are using augmented reality to simulate a heart operation so they can know what to do in a real life situation.
- In this picture here you can see that augmented reality is being used to simulate shapes for educational purposes like maths. Using AR with maths you could have 3D holograms that can be used to work with. For example you may have a rectangular prism and you need to find the volume of it.
Slide 6 - In this picture I needed to change the block where it has the ‘set [pixelate]’ from ‘set [colour]’.
- In this picture I needed to change the type of card being shown. In the block which says ‘X position of [green] card’ was changed from ‘X position of [blue] card’.
- In this picture I needed to change the block ‘set [pixelate] effect to’ from ‘set [colour] effect to’.
Slide 7 - AR quiz
- Can you imagine what life would be like with augmented reality (and Photoshop cs4)?
Slide 10 - True or false?
Slide 13 - AR survey