Inquiry Task-Based Learning Strategies
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Inquiry Task-Based Learning Strategies
- By Robert Slattery
Slide 2 - Elementary Science Education
Slide 3 - Methods???
Slide 4 - What Works Better?
- -Guided, inquiry-task based...or-Self-guided inquiry?
- -Which method helps
- students solve problems
- more effectively?
Slide 5 - Experiment
- -61 Students-21 assigned to inquiry task
- -21 assigned same thing, with variables broken down individually-19 assigned same thing, with no guidance
Slide 6 - Results
- -Regardless of guidance or not, children inclined to pose single-variable inquiry.
- -Led to equally comprehensive experimentation and inferencing, contrary to what was hypothesized.
Slide 7 - Conclusion
- -As hypothesized, segmented inquiries led to more systematic approaches.