Hope this workssession 4
Email this Mix
Slide 2 - Newton's Law's of Motion
- By Kerri Shepherd
Slide 3 - Newton's First Law of Motion
- An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.
Slide 6 - Newton's Second Law of Motion
- The acceleration of an object as produced by a net force is directly proportional to the magnitude of the net force, in the same direction as the net force, and inversely proportional to the mass of the object .
- F=M X A
Slide 9 - Newton's Third Law
- For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Slide 12 - How much force is needed to accelerate a 66 kg skier at 2 m/sec2?
- Calculating Force
- Remember the unit for
- Force is Newton's (N)
Slide 13 - Try one on your own!!
Slide 14 - Calculating Acceleration
- A roller coaster car rapidly picks up speed as it rolls down a slope. As it starts down the slope, its speed is 4 m/s. But 3 seconds later, at the bottom of the slope, its speed is 22 m/s. What is its average acceleration?
- Acceleration= Final Velocity Initial Velocity
Slide 15 - Give it a try!!