SITEL demo of Autodesk Inventor
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Introduction to CAD Modeling in Autodesk Inventor
- Fall 2015
- Angela Zachman, Ph.D.
- Lecture 1 August 25th, 2015
Slide 2 - Introduction to CAD modeling
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) is the very broad category of designing products with computers: architecture, mechanical components, electrical schematics, landscaping, assembly drawings, etc.
- A CAD model is a digital representation of the product or component, in either 2D or 3D.
- CAD is a preparatory step for Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE.)
Slide 3 - Introduction to CAD Modeling
- CAD is largely about communication. As a design engineer, you need to make the machinists, plant engineers, or electrical engineers see what you have in your head, to a high degree of precision.
Slide 4 - Introduction to CAD Modeling
Slide 5 - How do we represent 3D components in 2D?
Slide 6 - We are going to learn Autodesk inventor to make cad drawings