Rule of Thirds and Framing
Email this Mix
- Rule of Thirds
Slide 2 - a powerful compositional technique
- making photos more interesting and dynamic.
- most well-known rules of composition
Slide 3 - What is the rule of thirds?
- Divide your image into nine equal segments using 2 vertical and 2 horizontal lines.
- Place your subject along one of the lines or at a point where they intersect.
- This will help create a balanced image.
- Framing is the technique of drawing attention to the subject
- Frames for photographs come in all shapes and sizes
- The world is full of objects which make perfect natural frames, such as trees, archways and holes.
- Framing is simply using other objects in your photograph to frame the main subject. This is probably one of the easier composition techniques in photography.