Conflict Lesson-Part 2
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Let’s Practice!
- Read each description, identify the antagonist (opposing force or the “bad guy”) and the type of conflict.
- An archeologist attempts to escape a hidden temple overrun by giant spiders.
- Antagonist: Giant spiders
- Conflict Type: Man vs. nature
Slide 2 - 1
- Two boxers who were formerly friends compete for the championship belt.
Slide 3 - Answer
- Antagonist: Former friend
- Conflict Type: Man vs. man
Slide 4 - 2
- A young woman fights to gain admittance in an elite prep school that was only for boys.
Slide 5 - Answer
- Antagonist: Boys prep school
- Conflict Type: Man vs. Society
Slide 6 - Summary
- A conflict is a struggle or problem between opposing or different forces.
- There are 4 types of conflict:
- Man vs. man
- Man vs. self
- Man vs. nature
- Man vs. society
Slide 7 - Define conflict, protagonist, and antagonist
- Explain and identify the 4 different types of conflict.
- Review ObjectivesCan you do it?
Slide 8 - Dig Deeper
- Take the next few minutes to think about a conflict you are currently facing in your life.
- Who is the conflict between?
- What is the conflict about?
- How are you handling the conflict?
- Is it positively or negatively affecting your life?
Slide 9 - What’s Next?
- We’ll be evaluating the types of conflict in The Outsiders and discussing how these conflicts could be resolved.