Level 1 English NCEA Visual Essay
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Level 1 English NCEA VISUAL Essay 1.2
- T Yuill Proctor
Slide 2 - Essay Structure: Overview
- Body Paragraph 1
- Body Paragraph 2
Slide 3 - Introduction Must Contain
- Re-word the question
- Make sure you have the theme/idea
- Visual/verbal features
Slide 4 - TEXAXAS – Essay structure for Body Paragraph 1 and 2
- T- Topic sentence. 1
- statement from re-worded question.
- E- Explain
- X- Example – (
- , Dialogue)
- A- Analysis – Personal statement e.g. I think the director…
- X- Example – (
- , Camera shots)
- A- Analysis – Personal statement. Go beyond the text into society
- S- Summary – Similar to topic sentence
- Use the first statement from the planning as your topic sentences this will lead you into the Explain section
- Use your first visual or verbal feature example - make sure to use keywords e.g. dialogue, verbal technique
- The analysis is where you make a personal statement e.g. I think the director has clearly communicated….because. Make sure you stay focused on the question you are answering.
- Use a second example if you used a verbal feature first try and combine it with a visual feature e.g. camera angle
- The analysis is where you make a personal statement e.g. I think the director has clearly communicated….because. Make sure you stay focused on the question you are answering. Make links to the key idea/theme. Make links beyond the text at this point.
- Just summarise your point.
- This is where you explain your first point in relation to the question.
Slide 5 - Conclusion
- Summaries the question
- Use your two statement from the plan
- Use key words – director wants to communicate the idea of _____________