Revelation 4th Chapter The Emerald Throne Pt1
By Ricky Morris
Created 3 years ago
The Introduction to the Opening of the Seven Seals
Email this Mix
Slide 2 - The Book of
- The Opening of the Seven Seals Series
Slide 3 - Pastor & Teacher Ricky Ricardo Morrisof theChurch of God inChesapeake, Virginia
Slide 4 - The Book of Revelation
- The Opening of the Seven Seals
Slide 5 - Revelation the 4th ChapterThe Emerald Throne Pt 1
Slide 6 - Revelation 4:1
- After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Slide 7 - A Door in heaven is opened
Slide 8 - A Door Opened in Heaven
- A Door was opened in Heaven; this symbolizes the door of this heavenly vision. What He saw in the vision was actually taking place on earth.
- The door was the entrance to the vision, and the person speaking here with the voice of a trumpet is the same one who was speaking to him in the introduction of revelation of the 1st chapter.
- This beginning of the vision is about the "hereafter". (the Time frame of moment he was receiving the vision down through the age of the Church) Again he is in the Spirit just like He was in the introduction of the 1st chapter. This is the start of the second vision.
Slide 9 - Revelation 4:2
- And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Slide 10 - In the spirit
- John was in the Spirit. High and lofty things of God cannot be viewed in the flesh. John said after this I looked up, and behold. Your mind must be heavenward and not earthward.
Slide 11 - How many heavens are there?
- 1st Heaven - Aerial Heavens (Genesis 1:6-8)
- 2nd Heaven - Ecclesiastical Heavens where the Church sits in heavenly places(Ephesians 2:6)
- 3rd Heaven - Paradise (2 Corinthians 12:1-4)
- 4th Heaven - God's Heaven (John 14:1-3)
- Note: Jesus instructed the women not to touch him because he had not ascended to the Father. (Which is in Heaven) John 20:17
- The Apostle John was caught up to the heaven of the vision, not the heaven where God is.
- John never left the Island of Patmos when he was having the vision.
Slide 12 - Revelation 4:3
- And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
Slide 13 - A Throne Set
- The scenery of God’s Government in the Church
- You Can See The Sovereign - Of course, the most magnificent feature of the Church, spiritual Israel, the centerpiece of that city, New Jerusalem, is God Himself. The One no man can see and live, Ex. 33:20, is made visible for all the citizens of that place to see through the symbols of this book.
- A spiritual throne, among men where God dwells, or sits in the heart of the saints. God’s throne is the material of the church. It is his sanctuary Jer. 17:12. The fact that God sat on the throne shows that He is resigning in the hearts and lives of his people.
- This throne is set in heaven, not the heaven where God lives, but the ecclesiastical heaven where the church live. This is the place where we sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6.
- Return to Menu
Slide 14 - God’s Throne