4 Parts of ELA Lesson-Part 1
Email this Mix
Slide 3 - In many other countries, education is…
- 1. A special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people
Slide 4 - For everyone, Education is…
- A way to Overcome Poverty
- An Opportunity
- Changing the Odds
- The Future
Slide 5 - Are you ready?
- YOU have the POWER to take control!
- Lesson Objectives
- Essential Question: Why is literacy important? What are the 4 parts of ELA, and how can I use them in all of my classes?
- By the end of the lesson, you will be able to:
- Define literacy
- Identify the 4 parts of ELA
- Identify and understand the different types of activities for each part of ELA
- Describe how all 4 components of ELA are related
- Identify how all 4 components are used is all classes
- You should be able to define these terms by the end of the lesson
- Let’s review our vocab terms, class!
- Literacy: knowledge in a specific area
- Listening: understanding spoken language
- Speaking: communicating ideas through oral language
- Reading: understanding written language
- Writing: communicating through written language
Slide 8 - Literacy is the ability to read and write or it can be defined as having a skill or knowledge about a specific topic or subject.
- Today, we’re going to discuss the components of ELA and how we will become literate in all of our classes this year.
- What is literacy?
- Which skill is your strongest?
- Reading about a topic
- Writing about a topic
- Speaking about a topic
- Listening about a topic
- What if you could be good at ALL of them?
Slide 10 - 4 Parts of ELA
- understanding written language
- communicating through written language
- communicating ideas through oral language
- understanding spoken language