Email this Mix
Slide 1 - VESL Class
- Assignment: How to Answer the Interview Question, “Tell Me about Yourself.”
Slide 2 - Pre-Vocabulary: Study the vocabulary you will find in the assignment.
- Build rapport start developing a good relationship
- formula I really like to use an easy system to use in answering
- segue into the past transition or move without notice
- tell stories and anecdotes short or amusing real story
Slide 3 - build rapport
- start developing a good relationship
- One good way to build rapport is to find something you have in common with someone.
- Employees build rapport by socializing during lunch hour.
- Teachers build rapport with their students to make a good learning environment.
- In a job interview, you build rapport to show you fit well in the company.
- How are these employees
- developing rapport?
Slide 4 - In a job interview, you have your best chance to pitch yourself to the hiring manager.
- Sometimes you to pitch new ideas and persuade people to go along with you.
- A good salesperson always has a sales pitch for everyone.
Slide 5 - In your job interview, you don’t need to go bullet by bullet through your resume.