Email this Mix
Slide 1 - EPIC HEARING
- Ear Professionals International Corporation
Slide 2 - EPIC HEARING:
- Is a dispensing fee model.
- The patient purchases their aids directly from EPIC.
- EPIC pays the manufacturer’s invoice. Use the National Account #53000 on all orders for correct billing.
Slide 3 - The REFERRAL FROM EPIC
- EPIC will refer a patient to your office.
- The PATIENT will call the office to schedule the appointment.
- A five-page document will be faxed to your office, following confirmation of the appointment.
- Complete the Referral Activation Form and fax it back to EPIC for approval and authorization.
- Referral Page 1:
Slide 5 - Referral Page 2:
Slide 6 - Referral Page 3:
Slide 7 - Referral Page 4:
Slide 8 - Referral Page 5:
Slide 9 - Scheduling the Appointment
- When you are scheduling the appointment, please remember to click the “Managed Care” button on the left of the appointment screen.
- This allows us to know that the patient has some type of insurance which covers the aid(s), and for Administration to generate reports from those appointments.
- The next slide illustrates this point…
- THE APPOINTMENT SCREEN
Slide 11 - This slide illustrates where to select “Managed Care Partnerships” and EPIC
Slide 12 - THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Hearing aids CANNOT be ordered until you have received authorization.
- You MUST include the Managed Care # on your orders.
- Beltone DOES NOT accept payment for the aids. Never!
- Once payment has been received, EPIC will fax the office an authorization.
- Patient completes 45-day trial period, and the office faxes finalized paperwork to EPIC.
Slide 13 - Following receipt of the authorization, order the aid(s):
Slide 14 - Authorization, Page 2:
Slide 15 - Hearing Aid Fee Schedule
Slide 16 - More things to remember…
- We DO NOT accept payment for the aids!
- Never, ever! EPIC will collect the payment.
- At the time of delivery, you will email/fax a
- copy of the Delivery Receipt to EPIC.
- EPIC fulfills the patient’s battery supply,
- depending on the patient’s plan (by mail, following the trial period).
Slide 17 - Entering the POS in Belconnect - #1
Slide 18 - Entering the POS #2
Slide 19 - Entering the POS #3
Slide 20 - REMEMBER TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Email or fax the Purchase Agreement and
- other accompanying documentation to:
- EPIC 626-723-2176
- Enter the POS in Belconnect.
- Send any checks mailed to the
- office DIRECTLY to the Managed Care Office
- at: 931 Jefferson Blvd., Ste. 2001, Warwick, RI 02886.
Slide 21 - EPIC will assist you at any time during the process. Feel free to contact them at: 866-956-5400. Their fax number is 626-723-2176, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org The following three slides were taken directly from our Managed Care Manual, which can be found online, and is there to assist you, as well.
Slide 25 - With special thanks to Sara Andreozzi, for her assistance.