Email this Mix
- Expansion Plan
- WEMBA 16-Team 3
Slide 2 - 五年计划-5 Year Plan
- Economic Targets
- Economic Restructuring
- Environment and Clean Energy
- Social Management
Slide 3 - 我们的建议 (our Recommendations)
- 1. Strategy – Short & Long Term Objectives Prioritization of modes (OEM,OBM,ODM) – Transitions.
- 2. Government Relations
- 3. Environmental compliance opportunity
- 4. Domestic Market
- 5. Global Market
- 6. Capabilities
- 7. Execution
Slide 4 - 建议1
- Strategy, Objectives, & Mode Transitions
- Transition from OEM to OBM globally in the long term.
- Continue to Supply OEM customers in the short term
- Seek reciprocity with government and provide a supportive role to its plans
- Protect Competitive advantages & Grow market share
- Secure Source of financing for upcoming capital investments.
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Maintain the economic logic of the firm.
Slide 5 - Government Relations/Reciprocity
- What Galanz will get:
- Source of low cost financing
- Raise entry barriers for potential competitors – Licenses
- Protect Existing Patents
- Lower monopoly pressures
- Guarantee flow of exports
- Obtain exemptions to future regulations.
- What Galanz will give:
- Support Government Publicly
- Implement New Mandates
- Active hiring and volunteering
- Invest in the community, Education, & other institutions.
- Help Communicate Message for Social Stability
- Identify common goals
Slide 6 - 建议3
- Environmental Compliance Opportunity
- Invest in new machinery that meets new environmental standards and assists with eliminating inefficiency (R&D)
- Develop Products with specifications that would help government achieve its goals (R&D)
- Research alternative energy sources and their feasibility in relation to our cost structure, and pricing policy
- Create Image of Green and environmentally conscious firm (Marketing)
- Revise distribution channels and logistics to minimize carbon footprint
Slide 7 - 建议4
- Domestic Market OBM
- Forecast Demand
- Increase Points of Sale – Keep up with Urban and population growth.
- Business Development Training – Product Knowledge
- Invest in Customer Relations. (Service, Support, Warranties, and After Sale actions) Locate these new services in rising population provinces such as Fujian
- Develop new business opportunities. Easy to replicate appliances to make in china.
- Adapt manufacturing needs to small and highly customized batches.
Slide 8 - 建议5
- Global Market Transition to OBM
- Intentionally and methodically transition from OEM to OBM
- Strengthen relationship with MNCs through exclusivity agreements. Seek optimal product placement “In-store Real-estate”, & Joint promotions
- Keep aggressive pricing policy
- Identify key markets and invest heavily in Marketing & Brand recognition.
- Establish offshore offices to overcome cultural barriers
- Hire foreign new business developers for each market.
Slide 9 - The Way Ahead-Execution
- Galanz cannot immediately abandon its competitive advantages-in this case our 24/7/365 OEM model
- Large investments will be required to configure the manufacturing process, and operating systems to minimize current inefficiencies, improve customization, and comply with environmental requirements
- New levels in the organization will be created. Middle management (translators) will be key to Galanz success.
- Needs to create synergies, economies of scale, and high level of customization for different markets
- Each market will have a different “willingness to pay” and Galanz will have to adapt, creating business unit strategies. Where to compete, how to compete and different strategy Executions.
- All these factor should be carefully analyzed to maintain a sound economic logic.
- WHERE TO COMPETE
- UNIT LEVEL
- HOW TO COMPETE