Introduction to the STEM Fair
Email this Mix
Tags: STEM Fair
- Introduction to the STEM Fair
Slide 2 - What is a STEM Fair project?
- A STEM Fair project….
- Incorporates science, technology, engineering, and or math.
- Has a “well designed” investigation with hopes of discovering an answer.
Slide 3 - What is a “well-designed” investigation (“fair test”)
- A “well-designed” investigation (“fair test”) is when:
- Only one thing is different or changed (manipulated (independent variable).
- Materials are organized.
- Methods are identified.
- Five or more trials are completed.
- Measure of central tendency is determined.
Slide 4 - Parts of a STEM Fair project
- Claim (hypothesis)
- Evidence (data)
- As the students learn about each part of the STEM Fair project, a PowerPoint presentation explaining the section will be available to you.
Slide 5 - What does a STEM Fair project display board look like?
Slide 6 - Glenmar’s STEM Fair
- Will be taking place on Thursday, April 16.
- The Science Center will be at Glenmar with lots of exciting science activities. The STEM Fair project boards will be on display in the gymnasium!
Slide 7 - Important Information
- All STEM Fair projects are due by April 1
- The students will be learning each week about a different section of the project. They will be responsible to complete that part at home and turn it in by Friday.
- The STEM Fair project counts as a large portion of his/her science grade for 3rd quarter.
- Judging will be held on Friday, April 17.
- The winners will be invited to the Baltimore County STEM Fair at Parkville High School in May!