Email this Mix
Slide 1 - 3.7 Pronouns Agreement
- Pronouns must agree with their ANTECEDENT (what the pronoun replaces)
- My brother is getting married and HE is excited.
- My fiancé and I are getting married and WE are excited.
Slide 2 - Practice- What is the antecedent and what pronouns should you use?
- Henry has made some important discoveries, but people have criticized ________.
- A country with a site would want to keep ancient objects for ____________.
- His work was important, because _____________ popularized archeology.
- What do you __________ think of the country?
- In Greek Mythology, King Priam was the king of Troy during the Trojan War. ______ says that Priam’s son was the cause of the war.
Slide 3 - 3.8- Demonstrative and Interrogative Pronouns
- Asks a question
- - Whom
- When to use WHO and WHOM?
- WHO= Subject
- Who wrote the play?
- WHOM= DO, O.PREP.
- -With whom does the main character live?
- What is Near-
- What is far-
Slide 4 - Practice- Find the Pronoun and state whether it is I or D.
- Are these wet towels on the floor yours?
- Whose are the swimming fins near the pool?
- Which of the swim caps are yours?
- Is this Ben’s beach ball?
- Those are your swimming fins, aren’t they?
- Who used my life vest?
- Ann yelled, “Don’t take that. It’s my water noodle.”
Slide 5 - Fill in blank-
- __________ is one of your favorite pastimes?
- ____________ are his friends?
- To ________ will you lend the movie?
- __________ did you think of the ending?
- Is __________(near) the swimsuit you wanted?
- No, ________(far) is my old one.
- Are ________(near) the pool towels?
- Yes _________(far) are the gray ones for the pool.