Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Panyarat High SchoolChromebooks
- Panyarat High SchoolChromebook Info
Slide 2 - Chromebook CB5-311
Slide 3 - Chromebook CB5-311Specifications
- Tegra K1 2.1 GHz CD570M-A1 Cortex-A15 Ultra-low Power
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU OS
- 4 GB of onboard DDR3L system memory 16 GB
- Chrome OS
- 13.3" HD 1366 x 768 resolution
- HD webcam
- Acer InviLinkTM NplifyTM 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless
Slide 4 - Chromebook CB5-311Specifications
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- 1.5 kg with 4-cell battery pack
- SDTM Input and output Card reader
- HDMI® port with HDCP support
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- 3.5 mm headphone/speaker jack, supporting headsets with built-in microphone
Slide 5 - Introducing the Chromebook (Video)
Slide 6 - Chromebooks in Education (Video)
Slide 7 - Logging In
- email@example.com (your username is the same you use to logon to your school email)
- (same as you use when logging onto your school email)
Slide 8 - Chromebooks Acceptable Use
- use my assigned Chromebook for educational purposes only;
- follow the procedures and policies outlined in the PHS Responsible Use Agreement both at school and at home;
- protect my assigned Chromebook by carrying it securely and safely;
- never leave my assigned Chromebook unattended in an unsecure or unsupervised location;
- charge my assigned Chromebook’s battery to full capacity each night;
- report all damages to or issues with my assigned Chromebook to the school personnel;
- never alter or attempt to change the management setting on my Chromebook;
- never share my assigned Chromebook with other students or individuals.
Slide 9 - Choosing an Avatar
- You might be asked to choose an avatar
- when you logon to a Chromebook
Slide 10 - Chrome Home Page
Slide 11 - Settings
- Settings > Tab with 3 lines
- Bookmarks > Show bookmarks bar
- Bookmarks > See all bookmarked web sites
- Find > Locate a word on the web page you are on
- History > Clear browsing data
Slide 12 - Vocabulary
- Navigation Buttons
- (first row on the keyboard)
Slide 13 - Keyboard Navigation Buttons
Slide 14 - Keyboard Shortcuts
- alt+1, alt+2: Navigate between different windows
- Ctrl+N: Open a new window
- Ctrl+T: Open a new tab
- Ctrl+Shift+W: Close the current window
- Ctrl+Tab: Go to the next tab
- Ctrl+Shift+Right/Left Arrow: Select text one word at a time
- Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down Arrow: Select text one line at a time
- Ctrl+Shift+a: Select all
- Alt+Tab: Go to the next window you have open
Slide 15 - Touch Pad
- Click: Just press down on the lower half of the touchpad. Since tap-to-click is enabled by default, you can quickly tap the touchpad to click.
- Right-click: Click the touchpad with two fingers.
- Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and move them up and down to scroll vertically, left and right to scroll horizontally.
- Drag and drop: Click the item you want to move with one finger. With a second finger, move the item. Release both fingers to drop the item at its new location.
Slide 16 - Bookmarking
- Settings > Bookmarks > Show bookmarks bar (see Settings slide)
- Star to Bookmark a web site!
- Add to Bookmark Bar or List of Bookmarks
- Click > Home button by omnibox to return your homepage
Slide 17 - Your settings travel with you
- It does not matter which Chromebook or you log into because your settings, bookmarks, Google Apps and extensions travel with you and your account.
- Tip: You can also logon to Google
- on your home computer and get
- all of your Chrome Settings
- and Google Drive.
Slide 18 - What are Web Apps?
- Web apps are web applications that allow you to do things such as create documents, create flash cards, read books, practice keyboarding, and more on the Chromebook. Unlike traditional software, web apps install in seconds and are always up-to-date.
- The Chromebook comes with some pre-installed web apps. However, students can download web apps to individualize practice and learning. When a student downloads an app, that app will be part of his collection until that student deletes the app.
Slide 19 - Apps
Slide 20 - Extensions
- A few good examples: Quickrr Stopwatch and CountdownQuickrr CalculatorGoogle DictionaryPicMonkey (photo editing)Quickrr Unit Convertermany more!
Slide 21 - Sign Out of Your Account
- Sign out!
Slide 22 - Signing Out
- Your choice:
- Click > Bottom right corner icons (clock) > Sign Out
- Key command: Ctrl+Shift+Q
- The web is what you make of it.